Saturday, April 12, 2014

Painting Broken


You can see that I am broken
You can see past my "ok"
My eyes tell a story
Things that words could never say

So you sit down beside me
And you share your "me too"
A similar hard story
But then how He made you new

You promise me it gets better
The key? let His LIGHT inside
When light shines into the darkness
I'll find no shame or need to hide

You say the way out of this darkness
How many of the chains will fall
Is to come to Him with words
"Speak, child! Tell it all!"

"Find His truth! Hear His words
Replacing all those lies.
See His smile, feel His love
Dance over you His child."

But the fear is overwhelming
My heart begins to pound
And eyes quickly dart away
Head down, staring beyond the ground

I have no words to try to tell you
All the things I need to say
Words were lost or they never were
I must begin another way.

Then one day a photo and a sketch
A new idea is shared
Something new is bursting through
Taking me to places I never dared

Like a child tells her stories
Through her crayons, pencils, paint
Colors, images, symbols, pictures
Begin my stories upon the page

Brush strokes, blending, colors, art
Reach those deep places inside me
Beginning to say things I cannot speak
My paint brush sets something free

Painful stories find their way out
They find a safe place to land
The paper, the canvas a beginning
For secrets to finally end

And just as you said, when light enters the dark
I can begin to see
I am not alone. It wasn't my fault.
God is not mad. He has always held me.

He has new stories new pictures new images
 New truths to sink deep in my heart
These too appear on the canvases
Beauty and love becoming new art

Beloved, treasured, cherished, redeemed
Beautiful, innocent, worthy
Safe, loved, covered, His daughter
He delights and sings over me.

With each brush stroke on the canvas
My eyes seeing these new stories
As the colors mix and blend
My heart sees new truths new beauty

My heart mind hand connecting
Creating these images you see
While Christ is connecting recreating
New life and beauty inside of me



Faith Barista

Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. That was aweeesomee !! You have an outstanding mind to write that in Five minutes...one word: Love and Talented !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love your description of how delights in us -
    "See His smile, feel His love
    Dance over you His child."
    Thank you for reminding me of this picture of His precious love. Your words have blessed me today.

    ReplyDelete