I dig through the rubble to find her
I collect pieces
Broken
Scattered
Long Forgotten
Buried among the chaos
Lost beneath dark boxes in the depths of a basement
Little by little
Piece by piece
A picture
A book
A doll
A diary
A paper from school
Gathered in a box.
I hear their whispers
Missing pieces speak too
They begin to tell her story
Little by little I find her
I begin to hear her
See her
her pain
struggle
hurt
fear
I want to run away
run away from her
close my eyes
close my ears
leave it all buried in the rubble
I try
but I can't.
I begin to understand her a little better
I begin to see her with new eyes
I hear whispers
The whispers of Jesus
She is precious
She is seen
She is loved
As is
by Jesus
He holds her hand
I can't leave her now.
Slowly I take her hand
I whisper gentle words
She is safe now
She is not alone
Together
with Jesus
we will step forward
into the light
"the One who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are Mine.
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God...
you are precious to me.
you are honored, and I love you.
“Do not be afraid, for I am with you."
Isaiah 43




Oh, I understand this - this finding of the broken parts of us! So poignant - so anxiety-filled that we won't find all the parts! Yet, He helps us find it all on that journey where He puts us back together! So hope-filled!
ReplyDelete